Active Reviewers is the count of active users who reviewed a PR in the selected time period.
- The metric is computed based on the activity of commenting on, approving, or requesting changes to at least one pull request (PR).
- Git/VCS tools provide the data used to analyze review activity
- Review collaboration
- Dev metric grid
- Increase the overall reviewer base within a team to 80%, this demonstrates shared knowledge of the code base and reduces pickup time.
- By analyzing the count of active users who reviewed PRs, teams can assess the distribution of review responsibilities across team members. This helps in ensuring that the workload associated with code reviews is evenly distributed among team members.
- Monitoring the activity of users engaged in PR reviews allows teams to identify potential bottlenecks in the review process. For instance, if certain users consistently review a disproportionate number of PRs, it may indicate an imbalance in the workload or a need for additional support/resources.
- By recognizing and acknowledging the contributions of users actively involved in PR reviews, teams can foster a culture of collaboration and mutual support. This encourages team members to actively participate in code reviews, share knowledge, and collectively strive towards delivering high-quality code.