Coding days metric is defined as the number of working days that engineers have spent doing commits.
- Computed using the commit activity of teams and members.
- GIT/VCS tools provide the data used to analyse the commit activity.
- Coding days is 100% if there was at least 1 commit for each working day in the week.
- Coding days can be >100% if the number of coding days > number of work days.
- Dev Summary
- Dev Metric Grid
- Dev Throughput
- Fewer codings might be indicative of engineers being overwhelmed with review work leaving less time for coding.
- Engineers being overwhelmed with meetings, interviews, etc will also tend to have fewer coding days.
- Coding days are a potential indicator for low focus and burnout.